Third ‘Holiday Millions’ $1 million prize awarded

A barber from Greensboro is the third and final player to win $1 million instantly playing the Holiday Millions scratch-off game. “I knew there weren’t many Holiday Millions tickets left out there so I had to get one,” Williamson said. “I took it to a friend’s house and scratched it. When I saw it said a million, I couldn’t believe it. It still hasn’t hit me, really.”

Players from Raeford and Salisbury are the other $1 million winners in the game. Now, all eyes turn to the Holiday Millions second-chance drawing for $3 million – the largest second-chance prize in state history. As of this week, more than 239,932 entries have been made into the drawing. The deadline to enter is 11:59 p.m. on March 31, with the drawing to be held April 3.

Another big winner this week is Cosme Padilla-Lanza, a construction supervisor from Rose Hill. He scratched off a $750,000 instant prize playing Jumbo Bucks.“I saw that I had matched the number but I thought I had maybe won five hundred dollars,” Padilla-Lanza said. “It’s unbelievable.”

Two more players scratched off $150,000 apiece. Halima Forth of Charlotte won playing 10X the Payout and Lumberton resident Wahana Chavis won on a Hot Streak ticket.

Heading into the weekend, the estimated annuity value of Saturday’s Powerball jackpot is $103 million ($64.2 million cash). Three Powerball players collected $10,000 prizes this week: Jeanea Hundley of Charlotte won in the Feb. 23 drawing, John Nicholson of Sanford won in the Feb. 20 drawing, and Dennis Campbell of Pittsboro won in the Feb. 9 drawing.

Mega Millions player Carlton Morales of Greensboro won $10,000 in the Feb. 22 drawing. The jackpot for Friday’s drawing weighed in at $19 million if taken as an annuity, or $14.1 million cash.

Speaking of jackpot games: The Carolina Cash 5 jackpot for Friday’s drawing is $687,000. It could be won by one or more tickets - or roll to an even larger amount for Saturday’s drawing!

In all, lottery players won more than $22 million in prizes this week, with instant players winning more than $17.6 million. Some of those winners are:

• Bobbie Garcia of Raleigh, who won $50,000 playing Bonus Crossword
  • Charles Bowes of Alton, Va., who won $20,000 playing Power 7’s
  • Denitia Wilson of Warsaw, who won $20,000 playing Power 7’s
  • John Brewer of Wilson, who won $10,000 playing $5,000 a Week for Life!
  • Samuel Curry of Swannanoa, who won $10,000 playing 20X the Money
  • Bennie Edmundson of Wilson, who won $10,000 playing $5,000 a Week for Life!
  • Santos Esperanza of Burlington, who won $10,000 playing $2,500 a Week for Life!
  • John Horchak of Dallas, who won $10,000 playing Jumbo Bucks
  • Olen Leonard of Salisbury, who won $10,000 playing Hot Streak
  • Katie Moore of Charlotte, who won $10,000 playing Hot Streak
  • Wyteisha Rogers of Elizabethtown, who won $10,000 playing $5,000 a Week for Life!
  • Brian Tomlinson of Hampstead, who won $10,000 playing Cash Spectacular

That’s it for this week’s big winner wrap-up. Have a great weekend, and see you next time here in the Lucke-Zone.

On 3/01/2013 05:38, rainbowlove said

Congratulations to all the winners hope some day to see my name.

On 3/01/2013 06:08, 1rock2king said

congratulations Mr Williamson on your win! what luck you have to go out and buy the last ticket out there for that game. You knew there was not many Holiday Millions tickets left out there. Just amazing that you got the last million in that game! What luck!! I would like to congratulate the rest of the winners also. I'm still waiting on my lucky day to win. Did win 20.00 dollars on a 5 dollar scratch ticket today, spent 22.00 dollars, won 20.00 dollars back, not to bad of a loss of 2.00 dollars.

On 3/01/2013 06:34, 1rock2king said

Just entered all my tickets, had no trouble at all entering them. I was wandering when you call to notify the winners, does NCEL show up on my caller ID? Just want to make sure it's you and not someone playing a joke on me!Thanks!!

On 3/01/2013 09:03, Playerlogger said

congratulations to these winners, hope they all put their winnings to good use.

On 3/01/2013 09:31, Player said

mywife and i never won but a couple of dolloes it is fun playing maby one day we will win big

On 3/01/2013 09:32, uuuubstrds said

im tryin to join uz

On 3/02/2013 08:48, Player said

i hope i win

On 3/02/2013 01:33, 1rock2king said

Hey! Don't worry about posting my comments the other day, anyone can make a mistake!! Thanks!!

On 3/02/2013 06:47, turbo said

I love the way you are mixing up the weekly and monthly 2nd chance drawings. It breaks things up a bit. If you have a bunch of points built up,what do you do. It makes stratigizen a little more fun.

On 3/03/2013 12:55, Player said

Yeah i know right dont feel bad i am a donator as well..lol somebody has to loose so someone can win..i play 0309 and 7621 and my fav 333 and a fav cash 5 number and never nothing..or it comes the day i wont play it..lol ppl tell me it is rigged and the balls are weighed or something so the com knows what is coming out and waits to see who all is playing what and dances around it to make it seem you were close to keep you playing...what ever the reason I hope to hit soon and it decides to pick my number..has anyone heard of this? before I am glad i joined this website so i can enter my codes..lord know i have had plenty of them and threw them out..from now on i am entering my codes and at least hope for a second chance on here..Good Luck to all and Congrats to all that won

On 3/03/2013 12:50, 1love said

Congrats WINNERS!!! I love to read these stories:)

On 3/04/2013 12:00, Lucke-Zone said

@ PLAYER (MST) - Lottery drawings are held under the supervision of an external auditor. The ball sets and machines used in the drawings are chosen at random before the drawing is held, and all the equipment is under security supervision 24 hours a day. Lottery drawings are fair to everyone who has a ticket - and we wish all our players the very best of luck :-)

On 3/04/2013 12:21, Lucke-Zone said

@ 1ROCK2KING - When the lottery contacts a second-chance winner or a Lucke-Rewards drawing winner by telephone, we will always offer you the option of calling us back at our number here at headquarters so you can be sure that it's not a scam! We will also never ask you for bank account information over the phone.